Thursday 18 November 2010

recessive genes?

We're in a recession apparently and the amount of people trying to save money, or talking about trying to save money, has exploded!

I love it personally as we've been trying to live cheaply for a few years now, since I had to give up work. Hence getting the chickens, growing fruit and veg, amongst other money making (or rather money saving) exercises.

This is the diary of a chicken keeping friend of mine and I love reading what she's been doing to save a penny or two! http://diaryofapennypincher.typepad.com/blog/#tp

Apart from perusing parsimonious personal postings, I signed up to the http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ newsletter and have had really good tips from that. For example, I managed to print off 4 x £5 Debenhams vouchers on line recently and got 4 brand new 'lock & lock' tupperware boxes without having to spend a single penny! The vouchers had no minimum spend limit but it was one voucher per item so, I bought 4 items that were just under £5 each which meant they were all free! Of course, it was one voucher per person so I roped mum and Ian into coming with me and then just smiled sweetly at the cashier! ;0)

We even got free parking thanks to mum's disabled badge! That's another good money saving tip, take a registered disabled person with you when you go shopping ;0)

Mum even treated us to coffee and cake in the Debenhams cafe, so I didn't even have to spend a penny all day! Well, not til I got home but I blame the coffee for that!

3 comments:

  1. Hiya, so glad you got the Debenhams vouchers! I love moneysavingexpert, and I love your blog! C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey C, nice to see you here, keep up the good work on that blog of yours! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ey up. I LOVE a bargain! You get lots of good deals through TopCashBack too! I got £5 cashback for making my first order with Vistprint - which was just £4.95 for business cards... essentially making 'em free! Also got £25 back on £28 RAC membership - check it out.
    p.s. bet you had your legs crossed if you never spent a penny all day!

    ReplyDelete