Monday 7 December 2009

1 potato, 2 potato, 3 potato.......for?

up late again....!

searching for 'ratte' potato tubers. I read about their delicious nutty flavour in Susan Loomis' 'Tarte Tatin' and had to have some!

Trouble is, I start looking on the seed merchant's web site and I can't stop! Before I know it I have 3 varieties of potato, lettuce seeds and onion sets in my basket! Whoa!! You have a discount card for the local garden centre, why are you paying postage and packing and buying on-line you veggie junkie!!??

And do you know what's worse, the lettuce is for the chickens...they do like the odd cooked potato too though :0)

It's not just the potatoes that are nutty!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, happy lettuce fed chickens are good chickens :-) (and for my vote, nutty is good too - take our fun where we can find it is what I say)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the more greens they eat the more orange the egg yolks too! I Love a yummy sunny egg :0)

    ReplyDelete