Thursday 19 January 2012

You can never go back...

That's the saying isn't it? Generally, I abide by this and if I've had a fantastic time somewhere I am always loathed to go back because I always think that the next time I go, it can never be as good.

When my sister and I were little, mum and dad used to take us and the caravan down to Abersoch and we'd stay on a camp site right next to The Warren. The Warren is the main beach in Abersoch and it's lovely; golden sand, lovely views etc.

I've been thinking of 'going back' for years, to see if it's still the same as I remember. So, we had a little trip there back in September and no, it wasn't the same... but contrary to my belief, we did have a lovely time...

Sadly, The Warren, or at least the campsite leading to The Warren, has been bought by a private leisure company. They've populated it with expensive holiday homes and it's all gated now. No access to joe public. You could still get to the beach by a different route but as the weather wasn't that great while we were, we didn't bother.

I was surprised at how small Abersoch is and how relatively unspoilt it is. I wouldn't mind a little holiday home there myself, if I had a spare few thousand, and you need quite a few spare thousand!

We took mum and Molly and stayed in a lovely log cabin type chalet in someone's orchard. They called it 'The Orchard' but apparently the trees were cut down to make room for the cabin!

There were a couple of straggly apple trees left. So I pinched a couple to make an apple and blackberry crumble one night as we'd been out foraging for blackberries during the day.

The weather was glorious the dayof our arrival then rubbish for the resrt of the week but we still enjoyed the change of scenery and the R&R.....

Anyway, some photos....

If this link doesn't work, let me know...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150362451051757.403832.568396756&type=3&l=935a7596ba

No comments:

Post a Comment